Obtain theoretical and practical tools needed during the in vitro bovine embryo production.
Veterinarians, biologists, scientists, lab technicians.
Embryology Lab, GETI team, University of Grenoble,
Grenoble – France.
4 weeks before the workshop.
During the training, theoretical and practical modules will be alternated during the different parts of the process, including, oocyte grading, handling, and the three principal steps of the in vitro embryo production: oocyte maturation, fertilization and embryo culture. The retrieval of cumulus oocytes complexes (COC’s) from slaughterhouse ovaries is envisaged.
Max. 4 people.
• In vitro embryo production: basic remarks
• Media preparation for the different steps of the process
• Oocyte retrieval.
• Oocyte maturation control, staining and microscopic techniques
• Embryo quality evaluation, differential staining and apoptosis indicator
• Oocyte retrieval from slaughterhouse ovaries
• COC’s grading and handling
• In vitro maturation
• Semen thaw, preparation and quality evaluation before in vitro fertilization
• Matured oocyte handling
• In vitro Fertilization
• Zygote evaluation and preparation for culture
• Culture of presumptive zygotes