Senior Product Offer Manager (M/F)
Created in 1963 and based in L'Aigle, France, IMV Technologies is the World Leader in animal reproductive biotechnologies. The Group has a dominant position in both the bovine and swine segments from gametes harvesting, analysis, packaging, freezing to insemination. The IMV group also has a strong presence in aquaculture, equine and other markets. The Group is committed to contribute to the preservation of the genetics of endangered species like the Great Panda in China.
Through its subsidiary Cryo Biosystems, IMV Technologies is also present since 1987 in the human reproduction and biobanking sector, applying its expertise in embryo vitrification and sperm freezing for medically assisted procreation procedures or cryo-preservation solutions for the biobanking of biological samples. And through its subsidiary IMV Imaging provides full systems integrator approach for imaging solutions for Veterinarians to provide enhanced health diagnostics for companion animals (cats, dogs, horses primarily)
In 2022, the Group achieved a turnover of ~€140M and double-digit EBITDA ratio after a strong resilience in the COVID19 crisis environment. Since its creation the Group has always experienced sustained growth and a high level of profitability. Based in France, with subsidiaries in 8 countries (Brazil, China, India, Ireland, Netherlands, UK, United States, Spain), and 3 representation offices (Germany, Italy, Russia) and an extensive network of distributors in more than 120 countries, IMV Technologies generates 88% of its turnover outside France. The Group has seven production sites located in 5 countries (France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, China). The Group has ~700 employees, including 320 in France, 150 in China and 110 in the UK.
In addition to its organic development, IMV Technologies has been expanding its portfolio of activities and services through highly targeted acquisitions of either complementary businesses such as endoscopy equipment (Herritech – 2015, Vesco - 2022), ultrasound imaging (BCF & ECM - 2017), Swine Post Cervical AI (Tecnovet - 2020), technologies such as fish egg selection (GenetiRate - 2021) or manufacturing to strengthen the core business regionalization / localization such as the China Nelson Factory (2015).
The growth ambition is strong, aiming at a turnover of €200m within 5 years and a continuously improved high level of profitability. To ensure its scalability and strengthen its process and organisation, the group has initiated different transformation programs in commercial efficiency, supply chain, quality, and finance & IT systems. To support the growth and these transformations, a specific focus is done on Lean to build the IMV Business System (IBS) and HR to set up a global HR strategy.
The Group started its fourth LBO in April 2021 with Montagu Private Equity. Montagu has been partnering with the company’s management team, led by CEO Alain de Lambilly since 2020, to continue IMV’s acquisition strategy to penetrate new verticals and expand in key geographies whilst accelerating product innovation through R&D and increasing investment in human capital to support IMV in its next phase of growth. More than 80% of the Group's managers are shareholders and hold about 10% of the capital.
Group Transformation and Value Creation Program – COMPASS
IMV group has embarked on a major 2-year transformation journey, named COMPASS, to sustain its growth ambition. COMPASS is structured along 4 main pillars: 1) Commercial Excellence, 2) End to end Supply Chain optimisation, 3) Setting up a global Quality Management System and compliant Regulatory Affairs activities, and 4) IT Business System improvements.
The transformation program has several objectives: Scale operations, strengthen foundations, streamline, and improve processes, establish competitive systems and tools, drive efficiency and ensure a strong continuous improvement culture across the organisation. The transformation should facilitate a seamless integration between commercial functions and operations, while supporting a strong customer centric mindset. Lean principles will be applied and rolled-out across Group headquarters and affiliates. IMV is expected to become a learning organisation.
Position Summary and Key accountabilities
At this stage of its development, IMV’s priorities for Marketing are:
- Strengthen global marketing organization and capabilities (strategic, operational, digital)
- Improve product line management across species (volume, price, cost competitiveness)
- Review overall NPI process (from development to launch) and support NPD decision-making process (New Product Development)
- Build a market segmentation (by species and by geographies) and associate the go-to-market approach across segments
- Help monitoring and governing price increase execution (margin evolution)
- Establish Marketing Campaign Management module for CRM (Hubspot) to increase Lead Generation
The role will drive the strategy and execution of all our product development activities so that the business maintains the right cadence of innovation and launches to maintain the growth trajectory.
- Position located in L’Aigle or partially remote based
- Possibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
- Requires frequent travel (approximately 15-20%)
Position in the Organization: Reporting to the Group Marketing Director. No Direct reports
Group Marketing team is organized around 3 pillars:
- Strategic Marketing with Product Managers by species (Swine, Bovine, Equine, …)
- Downstream marketing, organized by geographies
- Digital marketing organized as a cross-functional support for the business.
- Creates multi-year strategic growth plans and a robust global product roadmap, drives alignment on strategy with general management
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, market trends, technology trends, identification, and assessment of significant growth opportunities, and create strategies that deliver profitable market share
- Identify and execute market research activities to drive business platform/portfolio decisions
- Create a global market overview map of key applications and technologies for bovine market
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative market data in order to identify trends in the market and translate these trends into business opportunities and actions
- Identify and pursue incremental growth opportunities (new markets, new channels, regional opportunities, tech uses, etc.) outside and within the existing portfolio
- Define offer bid specifications including the marketing mix : product, pricing, channel distribution, customer segmentation in relation to R&D
- Can create a relevant and differentiating global value proposition
- Identify immediate, midterm and long term product gaps within the portfolio and provide solutions to fill the gaps
- Complete business plans by analyzing different operating models and distribution channels
- Identify key growth areas and complete financial modeling
- Identify and develop innovative business models
- Innovation, New Product Development & Portfolio Management
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Languages: Fluent in English and French
- Academic background desired: Graduate Engineer or bachelor’s degree in business administration, Marketing, Program Management or equivalent.
Previous Experience and Skills
- Proven experience with 8 years + in similar Senior Product Management position
- Previous experience within our industry is desirable; either in animal reproduction, animal health, nutrition or genetics background preferred (industrial and technical environment accepted)
- Business and financial awareness.
- Strong negotiation skills, including at senior levels of our customer’s organization.
- The ability to understand scientific topics that are relevant to our field
- Strategic thinking, customer, and commercial focus.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate vision and win others over to a unified strategy
- Strong leader and partner with ability to work with International internal and external stakeholders
- Credible; inspires reliability both professionally and personally; is very careful to only commit to what s/he will deliver and then deliver what s/he has committed.
- Rigorous, analytical, well organized, and goal/result oriented
- Ability to work efficiently and cross functionally in a matrix organization.
- Collaborative; a good team player
- Customer centric with proven ability to build long term customer/supplier relationships
- Good communication skills with proven ability to communicate with all key stakeholders (incl. global headquarters, ExCom, affiliates, customers, suppliers, third party experts/consultants)
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Good level of energy and resistance to pressure
- Engaging and action orientated. Showing both empathy and firmness
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, proactive, can-do attitude
- Solution driven. Finding alternatives. Pragmatic. Willingness to resolve roadblocks
- Strong attention to detail.
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
IMV Technologies Leadership Anchors
The candidate behaviour should be in line with:
1/ IMV leadership anchors:
- Utilizes critical thinking
- Moves strategy to action
- Leads in a global environment
- Drives innovation & Growth
- Listens and responds to customer needs
- Cultivates and enables breakthrough thinking to drive growth
- Encourages thoughtful risk taking to advance innovation
- Champions continuous improvement
- Solves problems
- Drives for Results
- Build people, team & organization
- Relentlessly attracts, engages and develops people
- Creates followership and collaboration
- Builds strong, effective and diverse organization
- Models Humility, Transparency & Integrity
- Consistently uses sound judgment
- Operates with transparency and is trusted
- Demonstrates humility and self-awareness
2/ IMV values:
Send your application to Sophie Andison (Talent Acquisition) : email@example.com